Drive The Toll Roads with a rental car and have tolls charged directly to your credit card. Follow the four-step process below or click here to learn more about paying tolls for a rental car.
- + I rented a car and didn't register online before I drove The Toll Roads. What do I do?
The Toll Roads have agreements with major rental car companies that allow tolls to be charged directly to you through your rental agreement. Any trips incurred in your rental vehicle before today will be charged to you by the rental car company. You can contact your rental car company for more information on how tolls are charged.
- + What if I return my rental or loaner car early
Save your Confirmation Number and click here to change the end date of your rental period to avoid having tolls charged to your credit card for trips you did not take.
- + Should I sign up for a FasTrak or ExpressAccount?
If you visit California often, you should consider signing up for a FasTrak account. FasTrak can pay tolls on all toll roads, toll lanes and toll bridges in California. If you visit Orange County often and only drive on the 73, 133, 241 or 261 Toll Roads, consider an ExpressAccount. Click here to learn more about account options. Whichever you choose, you will need to add the license plate of your rental car to your account each time you visit to avoid penalties or fees.
- + Which toll roads can I drive after I've registered here?
Registering your rental car with The Toll Roads will ONLY cover tolls for the 73, 133, 241 and 261 Toll Roads in Orange County.
The following California toll facilities WILL NOT accept this payment method:
- 91 Express Lanes in Orange County
- 10/110 Metro ExpressLanes in Los Angeles
- 125 South Bay Expressway in San Diego
- I-15 Express Lanes in San Diego
- I-580 and I-680 Express Lanes in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Toll bridges in the San Francisco Bay Area, including the Golden Gate Bridge
- + I have a FasTrak or ExpressAccount.
Log in to your FasTrak or ExpressAccount here and add your rental car's license plate to your account. Enter the date you will return the car in the End Date field. If you have a FasTrak transponder, placing it on the windshield will not guarantee that tolls will be charged to your account; temporarily adding the rental car license plate to your account will avoid the chance of fees or penalties being assessed.
1. Vehicle Information